Κυριακή 3 Φεβρουαρίου 2019

Observer


quotes, black, and true εικόνα

A father with his little baby daughter are sitting opposite me in this little local cafe. I am in a long wait for a visa to pick up with my battery on my phone being on 0%. The only things I have in my bag except my dead phone and wallet is a notebook and a pen, well time to observe I thought. Haven't written in a long time and the environment was inspiring.

He starts reading his little girl a story, gives her some milk and doing all the caring as a good dad. Next to him there is an older man sitting on his own and watches him and his daughter, he smiles observing how happy the girl is. Started wondering if he has children himself and this moment takes him back to old memories or if he always wanted children and it did not happen, or he maybe never wanted but maybe he regrets it. Who knows, right? That smile could mean a lot, but one thing I was sure about was that he enjoyed watching this parent and child enjoying their time. He stopped after few minutes, took a sip of his coffee, a bite of his cake and started reading his own book. However, every time someone walked in the coffee shop, he was watching. He was always stopping reading and observed the surrounding. He thought he had the control and he knew all these little parts of people's lives being revealed in front of him. But, there was a person who he missed, he did not look at her once. And that person was the person writing about him, observing him from the opposite table.

2 σχόλια: